Jhabua - Land of Bheels
Bheels are Excellent Bowmen who have been inheriting this art since time immemorial.
Jhabua - The Land of Culture
Where celebration of Life goes along with Work...
Jhabua is a District in the State of Madhya Pradesh dominated by Tribal Population mainly comprising of Bhil, Bhilala and Patelia tribes. Jhabua historically was a heavily forested area where the population depended mostly on the forest products. However during the British Rule, the forests were cut down for the precious Timber these forests held. So also changes the life and livelihood of these people. Now they became mostly Agriculturists settling down in Villages, as we find them today. The major problems being faced today in Jhabua are -
- Water Conservation
- Very High Indebtedness
- Lack of Education
- Unskilled Migration
- Incorrect image in Society
- Inaccessibility to Government Schemes and Institutions
- Unaware of latest Technology
- Shyness and lack of self confidence
- Lack of awareness about the outside world
- Lack of alternate employment